Friday, October 25, 2013

Heinlein's Rules of Writing

I found a list on Galley Cat that you can download a one-sheet list of writing rules.  Well, it says it's a one-sheet list but the pdf is actually two pages, so someone needs to be reminded of the difference between one and two.

And I warn you, the print is small.  Tiny.  Minuscule.  Difficult to read.

I used to read Robert Heinlein books whenever I could get my hands on them.  Usually from my brother's stash of sci-fi books.  If my mother had known what I was really reading, she may have banned me from reading anything other than Wizard of Oz books!

But anyway, here is a list of Robert Heinlein's writing rules:

You Must Write
Finish What You Start
You Must Refrain From Rewriting, Except to Editorial Order
You Must Put Your Story on the Market
You Must Keep it on the Market until it has Sold
Start Working on Something Else

So, what do you think about his rules? 

No comments:

Post a Comment