Monday, July 1, 2013

Little Did He Know

Over the last week or so, I've run across a movie late at night that I couldn't help but watch and re-watch: Stranger Than Fiction.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.


For you author types, it's an interesting idea: what happens if your character isn't just a character, but a real person?



Would your character...I mean, this person be happy with what you've done with his or her life?  Sure, all the experts tell you to inject an obstacle for your main character, but what if a real live person had to overcome that obstacle? Is it real, or just outlandish? Does it ring true in this person's life? And do the relationships this person have come across as real and genuine or are those people just stereotypes who fall flat?



One of my favorite scenes is a great play on words.
Anyone for some flowers?

And whenever I hear this song, I can't help but think of this movie:

   

No comments:

Post a Comment